Thursday, August 17, 2017

Ground Zero At The Great American Eclipse Of 2017 by Jordan Schleider


I am taking a couple of days off trading at NQ Trader for the upcoming total eclipse. This will be a first for me. Over the years, there have been many partial eclipses and some total eclipses in other parts of the world but I have never had the opportunity to view a total eclipse. The path that the eclipse is taking puts the center about 500 north of my location, so I plan to drive up the day before and get ready for the event.

I am also planning to photograph the different phases of the eclipse, which is turning out to be a very complex and exciting project. This is one of the photos I am attempting to replicate. The shot is of a fully eclipsed sun with the corona visible out into space. It is only possible to photograph this phenomenon during totality while you are in the direct path and it only presents itself for a couple of minutes.

I am very excited about the event and I will make sure to post pictures, as they are available.

No comments:

Post a Comment