Thursday, August 24, 2017

Chasing the 2017 Eclipse


Hi All

Just to let everyone know I am back at NQ Trader​ and all is running as usual.
My trip to see the 2017 eclipse was not quite as planned but otherwise successful.​ I am working a few more pictures and will try to post them ASAP.

Something important that I learned through this process is that trying to photograph an eclipse is not easy. Every article I read about shooting an eclipse started by saying don't shoot your first one just watch it. Of course I didn't listen.

The technical aspects of the shots were very clear to me but I had no way to practice and therefor was not able to anticipate the problems that I would encounter.

Additionally the weather plays a huge part in viewing and photographing an eclipse. I found myself changing plans and locations hours prior to totality.

All in all it was a great trip and I learned a lot, but I would like to pass along the statement that I heard so often while researching, don't try to shoot your first eclipse.

Thanks for taking the time to read this article. If you want to see some of my pictures visit my website JordanSchleider.com


No comments:

Post a Comment